Friday, January 29, 2010

Called to His Children

I’m learning a lot. I’m learning that God hears our prayers. I’m learning that God hears ALL of our prayers. I’m learning that when you ask God to break your heart for what breaks His, He will. He is breaking my heart for children who don’t know the love of their Abba. I’ve been praying for months that God would let me see these children, and for months now, God has been giving me dreams of these children.

Laughing children and crying children.

Children filled with joy and children filled with fear.

Children who have hope and children who have never been taught to hope.

Children who have only known captivity and bondage.

Children who have only known sickness and abandonment.

Children who have never been able to play.

Children who have never been able to dream.

I asked God what He was trying to show me through these dreams.

“These are my children.”

Three weeks ago I went to a women's conference in Phoenix. My heart was so moved during the conference. Amazing women leaders shared their stories about how they gave up everything to follow Jesus. He had called them to leave their homes and their comfortable lives to share His love with those who had never heard His name. Amazing women of incredible faith!

On Saturday night, the last night of the conference, another woman shared her story. She was working as a missionary in Pattaya, Thailand. Pattaya is a place known for human sex trafficking. Malina shared story after story of what these women and children go through. When she was telling story after story of what the women and children go through, something inside of me snapped. I was wrecked. These women and children don't know love. They only know the twisted and perverse version of 'love' they have been forced to give client after client.

God is sending me to Thailand. God is calling me to share the pure love and hope of Jesus Christ with His children in Thailand.

I joined a team that is traveling to Pattaya, Thailand this summer to minister to these women and children. I will be there May 16-22. It seems like such a short amount of time, but as one of my very close friends reminded me,

"God can do radical things in a single moment. He could rock your world in that week enough to change your life forever. Time has no power over God."

Pretty cool, huh?

I am so excited to see what God has in store for Pattaya!! Do you want to know something amazing??

He wants me, a 21 year old college girl who is crazy in love with His Son, to be a part of what He is going to do!!





2 comments:

  1. Casey,

    Your heart, drive, and passion for Christ and doing His will is simply beautiful. Humbling before the Lord and saying, "Here I am, do something with me" results in incredible things. You asked and now you're following through. What you do here, in Arizona, in America, for people is forever impacting and what you are going to do there will be instilled in the lives of those in Thailand.

    Jesus is going to do crazy cool things that will be unbelieveable to many. Jesus isn't giving up on these kids or the sex trafficking industry, and He's asking you, Casey Jeanne Richard, to help carry out His will.

    As Journey put it, "Don't stop believin'" babe. Keep standing, keep abandoning yourself to the Lord.

    I love you girl.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for this journey that you are on!!! I'm excited to read your blog too!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete