Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Time for a swim...



Ezekiel 47 tells a story of a man who travels alongside a stream.


This man walks along the bank of the stream and is told to cross
the water was at his ankles...


He walks a mile along the bank of the stream and is told again to cross the stream
the water is up to his knees...


He walks another mile and is again told to cross the stream
the water is at his waist...


He walks another mile along the bank of the stream and is once again told to cross
the water is too deep to cross without
swimming...


You are my Stream of Life.
You have already given me a vivid picture
of how Your merciful waters wash me clean of all my sins.
Now you are giving me another picture of Your stream.


I don't want to rely on my body anymore.


I have been in water up to my ankles
and that was not satisfying.
You were only a thought every once and a while.
I was lukewarm.


I have been in water knee deep
and all I did was repent.
Repent. Worship. Repeat.
It was a great time of truly analyzing my heart and my motives
and aligning them with Your word.
I was focusing on myself.
I needed more of You!


The past two months I've spent time in water that was up to my waist.
The water is very powerful and does control where one goes.
But I've had trouble surrendering everything to you.
I have tried to take things into my own hands
on more than one occasion.


I have been relying less and less on myself and more and more on You.
It has been so rewarding.



I want to go deeper.



I want to go swimming in the Stream of Life.
Lord, take full control.
I know Your waters can take me places I haven't even dreamed of.
I'm ready.
It is time for a swim.


1 comment:

  1. I used to think surrender was what one did out of weakness. I now feel it to be a powerful commitment of faith. What you have written is beautiful.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete