Tonight we had a lot of fun. We went on a treasure hunt! This treasure hunt was different from any other kind of treasure hunt or scavenger hunt I have ever done. We spent about 5-10 minutes praying and asking the Lord to give use clues and directions that will lead us to His treasure. It was amazing! The clues we received ranged from orange, to black sign, to purr-fect, to multi-colored, striped beach towel, to the number 611. Based on the clues my group received, we headed off in the direction of the mall.
We found many of our clues right away. There was a woman sitting outside the mall right across from a black and white sign (one of our clues). I walked to her with one of my teammates and we were able to pray a blessing over her. When we were done praying, her customer for the night walked by so she had to leave. It was ok! One more person knew that the Lord loved them. It was a great way to start out. =)
Another one of my clues was the number 611. I had no idea where to even start to look for this 611. I asked God where to find 611, and He told me to go up. I didn't know exactly what that meant...but I figured the 6th floor of the mall would be a great place to start! There were a bunch of games and karaoke machines (Thai people LOVE karaoke! ). I got excited when I saw there was a room number 11. "Ok God, here we go!" I said to myself. The room was empty. Ugh. Not getting too discouraged I walked back out to the main floor...there were a bunch of computers set up to play computer card games. There was a computer with the number 11 on it...and...there was a woman sitting at the computer! Yahoo!! I walked up to her and began talking with her. She didn't speak much English, so I got to use my 10 (often mispronounced) Thai phrases to start a conversation with her. Soon after we started talking, her husband came around the corner, wanting to know what we were doing. I explained the treasure hunt to him. He said he didn't believe in God. "If there is a God, then how come all these horrible things are happening around us?" (If I had a nickel for every time someone asked me that question, I would be a millionaire!) After we conquered that battle, he told us his wife's name was Gem. I almost died right there. The treasure hunt we were on was supposed to lead us to the God's treasures...but God led us right to His Gem! It was awesome. She told me she had some pain in her knees and her back from an accident not too long ago. I asked if I could pray for her. The Lord took all her pain away. Woo hoo! I got to tell her that "Phra Yesu raksaa khun dai kha". (Jesus healed you.) and that "Phra Yesu rak kun kha!" (Jesus loves you!)
The treasure hunt was an awesome night. It was so much fun to see how creative God is. He gave us all different clues that led us to different treasures. He gave us each those clues because He wanted us to be the ones to tell His treasures about His love. It still blows me away.
I am hoping to get a few other crazy Jesus lovers together in the fall to do treasure hunts in Flag. Anyone want to join in on the fun???
I would love too.
ReplyDelete