From May 20...
Today we went to a hospital here in Pattaya. I headed straight for the children's ward. =) When we first arrived, the nurses asked us to sing a few songs to the children and families there. We obliged. Then we were able to mingle and talk to the families. The first people I stopped to talk to were a couple who were from Burma. The father could speak perfect English, so he translated everything I was saying to the mother. After getting to know their story a little bit I asked if I could pray for their 1 month old baby girl. The mother smiled, and put her precious child in my arms. I was truly touched. They only knew me for about 10 minutes, but they trusted me to hold their little child. Ah! I held that sweet girl and prayed into her life. She was smiling the whole time. =)
After praying for many more children, my team went to the women's ward. I was drawn to the back of the floor. In the last bed, closest to the window was an old lady. I grabbed one of our translators and went over to talk with her. I found out that she did not have any sisters or brother, or children or any friends who would come and visit her. She said that we were some of the first people to talk to her in months. She knew Jesus, but she was so lonely. I could barely stop myself from crying right there. I grabbed her hands and started praying for her physical body. I couldn't leave her side! I held her hands so tight and kept telling her how beautiful she was, and how much she was loved. That still wasn't enough. The Lord wanted me to fully embrace her. I held that woman and cried.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment