Friday, October 8, 2010

Plans...

I am in the process of filling out my student teaching and graduation application. It has been the hardest 6 page packet for me to complete. 

I knew this day would eventually come, but it feels so different than what I was expecting. The reality of graduating and leaving college is rapidly becoming a reality. 

I have so many things I want to do with my life. I could list them all, but that could be a whole blog post by itself.

It has been overwhelming to say the least.  

I'm trying so hard to be practical. I'm trying to make rational plans.

But I need to be honest.

All I really want is to see a transformation in our culture. 
I want to see those who are in bondage freed. 
I want to see every sickness healed. 
I want to see people's lives transformed by the love of Jesus. 
I want to see people run toward Jesus with everything they have. 
I want people to know they are loved and valued.
I want to see Christians influencing the world around them, instead of the other way around. 
 I want people to know that Jesus is waiting with arms wide open to love them. 
All I really want is to see Heaven come to earth. 

I have no idea what the rest of my life is going to look like, and that is okay. I know that I'm going to spend the rest of my life running toward Jesus, running with Jesus. I know I'm going to see God's love change people's lives wherever I am. 


If I am in a classroom in Peoria, Arizona, I will love my students and show them Jesus through everything I do. I will love my co-workers and I will bring the kingdom of God into the school. 

If I am in the bars of Pattaya, Thailand, I will love the prostitutes, ladyboys, bar owners and customers just like Jesus would. I will speak truth and love into their lives. 

If I am in the dirt of a slum village, I will be loving those people with all of the love that Jesus has put within me. 

If I am in the business arena, I will run a business with godly principles. I will expect that God use the business to touch people's lives with the love of Jesus. 

Wherever I go and whatever I do, I will be loving people because Jesus called me to love. Love looks like something. As cliche as it sounds, I am determined to live a life of love. 

Wherever I go, the kingdom of God goes also.
I'm excited. 





2 comments:

  1. Casey, you pretty much echo the cry of my heart right now. It's pretty crazy how much so. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart. It's beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete